Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Wednesday, March 02, 2011
Sekonic created a great new light meter. It basically updates the Sekonic L-308s with new features aimed at filmmakers using DSLR and hybrid cameras. Sekonic calls this DigiCine or Digital Cinema. In other words, they've added a cool new HD Cine Mode.
But the instruction manual ... is not so great. And it shipped with a typo, even.
So, here's how you calibrate the Sekonic DigiCineMate L-308DC (DigiCine) meter.
1. Turn the meter off.
2. Hold down the ISO button and the Power button (these are marked with red lines on the left side of the photo above).
3. Now the meter will start, and you'll see it say "CAL" and "0.0" in the display.
4. Adjust the amount you want to calibrate the meter using the buttons on the right side of the unit (these are marked with red lines on the right side of the photo above).
5. Now, turn the meter off by pressing the Power button.
6. Wait 6 seconds, just because. Now, when you turn the meter on again it will be calibrated as you've set it.